Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tomato Frittata (HCG Friendly)

Recipe Status: Remember that Asparagus Frittata recipe I posted and said "I'll bet it'd taste awesome with a vine ripe tomato instead."? Well, I tried that recipe with a vine ripe tomato. And it was delicious. (Although I did alter how I made it just a bit.)

3 egg whites
1 full egg
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tbsp water
1 tsp parsley (or savory, as I like to add.)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 vine ripe tomato

Mix eggs in a bowl. Add garlic, onions, water, salt & pepper. Pour onto heated non-stick skillet. While that's starting to cook, chop up the tomato into small chunks. (Try to leave behind as many seeds as possible.) Place on top of eggs. Sprinkle savory over tomatoes. When eggs look ready to, flip over so the top layer can cook around the tomatoes.

*This counts as one meat and one vegetable serving.

No comments: