Thursday, September 2, 2010

Orange Ginger Chicken (HCG Friendly)

Recipe Status: I guess I've been spoiled with orange chicken recipes that have been very bold in flavor and at times very spicy. This in comparison was very bland. I liked it okay, but if I made it again, I'd definitely have to spice it up. A little cayenne and crushed red peppers, probably. Oh and more ginger. I could not taste any ginger. :(

100 g chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 orange cut into quarters
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp fresh ginger root (roughly 1/2" to 1" piece of root)
1/2 tsp basil
Juice from half a lemon
Pepper to taste

Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Add chicken to heated pan and stir fry until all edges are no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Squeeze juice of orange quarters & lemon over chicken, then peel and separate sections of orange and add to the chicken. Stir in ginger & basil. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

*This counts as one meat and one fruit serving.

No comments: