Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Asparagus Frittata (HCG Friendly)

Recipe Status: I love omelets, but I haven't decided if I really like this or not. It was okay, but I wasn't a big fan of the large chunks of asparagus, or the way they had it prepared. I'll bet it'd taste awesome with a vine ripe tomato instead.

Asparagus, allowed amount. (About a fist full)
3 egg whites
1 full egg
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1 tbsp water
1 tsp parsley (I didn't have some so I used savory)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Tabasco if desired.

Preheat pan over medium heat. Snap woody ends off asparagus, then break them into 2 or 3 smaller pieces. (I highly recommend breaking them smaller than that.)
Add asparagus to pan with minced garlic and heat through until tender. (Ummm, this burned the garlic. So I wouldn't add the garlic until the last minute or so.)
In a bowl, mix eggs and water. Add asparagus, onion and other seasonings. Pour into a non stick baking dish, or line with parchment paper. (I completely omitted this step and instead poured the egg mixture on top of the asparagus already in the pan and placed the lid on. I felt there was no need to dirty another dish, or heat up the kitchen. Also, I sprinkled the seasons on top of the eggs instead of mixing them in.)
Cook @ 400° for 10-15 minutes. (Or cook in covered pan over medium heat until eggs are visibly bubbly and cooked through.)

*This counts as one meat and one vegetable serving.


No comments: