Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Cabbage "Egg Rolls" (HCG Friendly)

Recipe Status: Don't be fooled by the title. These are nowhere near an egg roll. However, they are delicious. Even more so than I thought they would be. I was pleasantly surprised. After making it though, I think next time I'll cook the chicken in a little liquid aminos to give it more of the asian flavor, just to give that a try. But as it is, it's pretty dang good. I'm so glad I'm not starving! ;)

100 g chicken, cooked and cubed
2-3 cabbage leaves
1 cup shredded cabbage
Chinese five spice, onion powder & garlic powder to taste. (Dash or three...)
2 Melba Toast rounds

Steam cabbage leaves for 5 minutes, set aside and steam shredded cabbage for 5 minutes. Transfer shredded cabbage to a bowl and mix with cooked chicken and spices. Wrap in cabbage leaves and top with crushed melba toast.

No comments: