Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Healthy Sausage Egg McMuffins

These are very quick and easy and taste wonderful! It's better than going through the drive through, in my opinion, and is SO much healthier.

One egg, well beaten
1 turkey sausage patty or 1 slice of Canadian Bacon (precooked)
1 whole wheat English Muffin, toasted and plain.

Cook egg without stirring. Have it cook flat and then flip it, kind of like a tortilla. While the egg is cooking, toast the English Muffin but do not butter it. Once the egg is done, fold it up and place on the English Muffin. Heat up the sausage or Canadian Bacon for a couple of minutes in the same pan the eggs were cooked in. Place on top of the eggs, put the top on the English Muffin, and bite into it. Chew. Try it again. Chew. You know you like it!

With the Turkey Sausage:

With the Canadian Bacon:

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought turkey sausage. This morning I made this for breakfast. It was really good, but not filling enough for me. But that could also be because I am re-starting my diet and for the past few weeks I have gotten used to eating more.

Lori-ann said...

Well, you could always eat it with some fresh fruit and a glass of skim milk. The hungrier you are, the more fruit you can eat. :)