Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie

Smoothies are great! They make terrific breakfasts or anytime snacks. They are perfect if you're having a sweet craving because they're very satisfying and if you make them healthy, they won't expand your waistline. I'm going to be posting a lot of different smoothie recipes.

I don't measure out my ingredients. I just fill the blender about 3/4 of the way full, maybe a little bit lower. As it blends, it expands and will fill up to the top. After having a glass, I put the rest in a container and freeze for later. To reheat, microwave for a few minutes on a low power setting, stirring occasionally.

I tried this smoothie yesterday, and it was soooooo yummy.

Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie:
Combine in blender:
Frozen blueberries
Fat free milk
1 or 2 plain instant oatmeal packets, nuked in water (I'm sure regular rolled oats would work too)
1 scoop why protein powder
crushed ice

Blend until desired consistency.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I n ever thought of putting oatmeal in a smoothie. That is a great idea! I love that you are posting your recipes.

Lori-ann said...

I was a bit skeptical about the oatmeal, to be honest. But I decided to try it and I really liked it! Rob even like it. It added another consistency to the smoothie plus a lot of added fiber. :)

Another smoothie recipe I've found actually calls for All-Bran flakes. One of these days I'll be brave enough to make it.